Oh my goodness this was seriously so delicious! The roasted spiced carrot chips and the aioli dip such an amazing combo! I used the help of my fave cookbook; The Unbakery Book by Little Bird raw organic cafe (Auckland, New Zealand) for the cashew nut aioli and added a few flavours of my own.
Roasted carrot chips is an awesome way to sneak some vegetables into your day- I literally ate 5 carrots worth of carrot chips 😀 Not only do you get a healthy serve of veg into your day, but you also provide your body with a generous amount of;
- Carotinoids/beta-carotine (orange colour compounds) responsible for antioxidant properties.
- Vitamin A for healthy eyes and pretty much the health of all cells in the human body.
- Reduced cardiovascular and cancer risk!!
- Fiber for a healthy gut.
Spiced Carrot Chips with Cashew Aioli
- 4 large carrots or 6 medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon of himalayan salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala (or other favourite spice)
- ½ cup cashew nuts (soaked for an hour in warm water)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of tahini
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Sesame seeds (optional- to serve)
- Coriander (optional- to serve)
- Turn oven on to 180 degrees, line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Wash and cut carrots length-ways into quarters. Place on the baking tray and cover with the oil and spices.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until starting to brown. Using a flipper to turn regularly.
- For the aioli place all ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Serve the carrot chips with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, fresh coriander and the aioli.