Lately I have been loving cashews. I snack on raw cashews, add them to my muesli and my new discovery is cashew nut butter (oh em geee!). It is seriously amazing, I even rate it higher than almond butter. The cashews blended up so much faster and easier than almonds, so perfect if your blender is not so powerful! I actually made this cashew butter to use it in a healthy rocky road slice, which I’ll get up on the blog for you asap 🙂
Cashews are surprisingly sweet and creamy, just make sure you buy them raw and unsalted 🙂
Cashew nuts will also provide you with your daily dose on minerals such as:
- Copper – for antioxidant activity in the body, development of new bone tissue, production of melanin (a pigment in our skin and hair), a component in an enzyme responsible for providing flexibility to our blood vessels, bones and joints (this enzyme is kind of important!).
- Magnesium – for healthy bones, muscle contraction and nerve regulation.
P.s. Deliciously Ella added vanilla powder to her cashew butter which would have been AMAZING but I ran out 🙁
Homemade Cashew Nut Butter
- 2 cups cashew nuts
- Pinch of himalayan or sea salt
- Coconut oil 1-2 tablespoons
- Pre-heat your oven on to 160 degrees.
- Place cashew nuts on an oven tray and roast for 10 minutes. Check them every few minutes and move the cashews around. Be careful not to burn them!
- Place roasted cashew nuts in your blender with a pinch of salt. Blend the nuts into crumbs.
- Next add the coconut oil, 1 tablespoon at a time and blend until creamy. The amount of oil you need to add depends on your blender. If your blender is powerful you may not need to add any!
Serves: 1 small jar