These Chocolate Christmas Crackles are a tasty and fun Christmas inspired treat that are not only super easy to make but also packed full of nutrients.
The Christmas spirit is well and truly in the air and I am obsessed with creating festive treats right now. These crackles would make the perfect homemade gift if you wrapped them in clear cellophane tied together with red ribbon (I think I might do this!) - although remember to keep them in the fridge or freezer so they don't melt. I also think they are a fun recipe for kids to get involved in as they are so easy and fun to make.
I used puffed brown rice as an alternative to rice bubbles which are generally used for the traditional chocolate crackle recipe. The puffed rice can be swapped for any other sort of puffed grain such as quinoa or buckwheat but I found that the rice remained crisp whereas the quinoa went a little soft and stale.
We have teamed up with BioBalance to create this recipe using some of their amazing superfoods. I love that their products are all certified organic and sourced from ethically sustainable producers. Their cacao powder comes from family owned farms in the Dominican Republic!
Thanks BioBalance for partnering with us on this post and video. We only partner with brands that we LOVE and are excited to share with our amazing community.
Chocolate Christmas Crackles
- 1/2 cup BioBalance coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (or honey, rice malt syrup etc)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp BioBalance Raw Cacao Powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 cups puffed brown rice
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- In a large bowl mix together the coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, cacao powder and salt.
- Add the puffed brown rice and coconut then mix to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases and leave to set in the freezer for 30-40 minutes or until set.
- These are best enjoyed straight from the freezer for maximum crunch.
Makes 6 medium sized chocolate crackles
Join Our Community
Sign up to our newsletter for new delicious recipes, healthy tips and a FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience.