LOVE this recipe! When I go to BBQs where you BYO plate of food, vegetable kebabs and satay sauce is something I always take! I used to just be sneaky and buy that packet peanut sauce where you just add coconut milk and cook in the the pot. Man that sauce was tasty but filled with so many nasties so I am stoked to have come up with this healthier version.
For the kebabs use what ever veggies you love, you could even add chicken pieces to them as well. Perfect for those summer BBQs or a tasty midweek dinner 😊
Vegetable Kebabs with Satay Sauce
- 2 red capsicums
- 1 eggplant
- 1 large zucchini (or 2 small)
- 2 small red onion
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp tamari sauce
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- Pinch of chilli (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Wash and chop the vegetables into large pieces. Mix the veggies with the coconut oil, salt, garlic powder and mixed herbs.
- Thread the veggies onto skewers and place on a baking tray.
- Place in the oven and roast until veggies are tender (about 20-30 minutes). Alternatively, grill the kebabs on the BBQ!
- To make the sauce, cook the onion in a pot on medium heat until soft. Add the garlic and ginger then cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and bring to a gentle boil. Stir until the sauce thickens which shouldn't take long, about a couple of minutes. Season to taste.
Makes 10-12 kebabs