This is a deliciously healthy version of a bounty bar which was always one of my fave chocolate bars back in the days...together with a twirl! It is made with simple ingredients, very easy to make plus it actually tastes like the real thing but without all of those nasty ingredients.
Like with all my raw treats I prefer to use unscented or deoderised coconut oil as I find the taste of normal coconut oil to be a little overpowering. I always buy Blue Coconut as it tastes great and you can buy it from almost any supermarket! 😁
Thanks Blue Coconut for partnering with us on this post and video. We only partner with brands that we LOVE and are excited to share with our amazing community.
Homemade Bounty Bars
- 2 cups of desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup Blue Coconut coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp of honey (or other sweetener such as maple syrup, rice malt syrup etc)
- ½ tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup of Blue Coconut coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (or other nut butter such as almond butter)
- 4 Tbsp of cacao powder (or use 100% cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 Tbsp of honey (or other sweetener such as maple syrup, rice malt syrup etc)
- Mix together the desiccated coconut, coconut oil, coconut milk, honey, vanilla and salt.
- Press into a baking paper lined tin (I used a loaf tin) or alternatively you can use your hands to shape the mixture into cute bars.
- Place the coconut mixture in the freezer for 1 hour to set. Then slice into bars.
- Make the chocolate by mixing together all the ingredients. Carefully dip each coconut bar into the chocolate and place on a baking paper lined board. Place the bars in the freezer to set for another 10 minutes before eating.
- The bounty bars will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
- Any leftover chocolate pour it into a lined container, pop it in the freezer and it will harden into a delicious chocolate bar! Or double dip your bounty bars once the first layer has set ;)
Makes 12 bars
Join our Community
Sign up to our newsletter for new delicious recipes, healthy tips and a FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience.