This may be the 4th 'carrot cake' type recipe on my blog...but that is because I seriously love carrot cake...who doesn't!? This one is my fave so far, that cashew cream using is just amazing and definitely makes this cake!!
Make this raw carrot cake as a tasty weekend treat, you you could even make it in a cake tin for a healthy birthday cake. Either way, this is cake is amazing and I highly recommend you give it a go :)
Raw Carrot Cake
- 3/4 cup of dates - soak these in boiling water to soften and drain well. This will allow them to blend easier.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups grated carrot (about 2-3 medium carrots)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Tbsp of lemon zest
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp sultanas
- 1/4 walnuts, crushed
Cashew Cream Icing:
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts, soaked in water for 8 hours
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of half a lemon
- Blend together the dates and coconut oil in a food processor or blender.
- In a large bowl, mix the date and coconut puree, lemon juice, grated carrot, lemon zest, coconut flour, ground almonds, cinnamon, vanilla, sea salt, sultanas and walnuts.
- Press the mixture into a lined tin or container, and set aside while you make the cashew cream icing.
- In a blender as add the icing ingredients and blend until smooth. Depending on the power of your blender this may take a couple of minutes.
- Pour the icing over the carrot cake and place in the freezer to set for an hour before slicing.
- The cake will store in the fridge for around 5-7 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
Makes 16 pieces
Join our Community
Sign up to our newsletter for new delicious recipes, healthy tips and a FREE 7 Day Mind & Body Experience.